1) Sit down with your kids and help them navigate Pinterest for ideas. We found a ton of cute ideas on Pinterest. They also came up with a few good ideas on their own by looking at other pictures.
2) Decide what your budget is going to be and talk with your kids about the budget. It is important to help kids understand money and this is a great opportunity to do just that.
3) Take your kids to Deseret Industries, Good Will, or the Salvation Army store.
4) Help them pick out the items they want to decorate with that are within the set budget.
5) When at home plan out where the decorations are going to go and what the steps are to complete each decoration.
6) Help your kids create their decorations. Sometimes this is just sitting back and watching them create them other times they might need a little more hands on help.
How we created them:
1) We got 4 hot dog sticks and hammered them in the grass.
2) Then we got 4 styrofoam balls and pushed them down on the handles of the hot dog sticks.
3) We them grabbed some white bed sheets we grabbed from Deseret Industries and stapled them to the styrofoam balls.
4) We then grabbed the sides of the sheets and stapled them together so it looks like the ghosts are holding hands.
5) We then spray painted the white sheets.
HeadLess Dead Body
How we Created it:
2) We filled the suit with crumbled up newspaper and straw at the head and hands. (We tied the legs so the newspaper wouldn't fall out.)
3) Then we layed the body down and spraypainted it red for blood.
4) When the paint was dry we placed it where the kids wanted it to go.
Hanging Tree Ghost
How we created it:
2) We hung the bird house in a tree.
3) Then we stapled the sheet around the top of the bird house. (No blood was added this time)
How We created this:
2) Figure out where you want to place them.
3) Dig holes for the tombstones to fit in.
4) Place rocks around the tombstones so they don't fall down or blow away.
Creepy Keep Out Sign
How we created this:
2) Paint the crate black
3) spray the dolls white
4) Spray the words "Keep Out" on the crate
5) Spray Red on the dolls for blood
6) when everything is dry place the crate where you want it and arrange the dolls where you want them.