- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- one large can of green enchilada sauce in can
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or Quotija
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- thinly sliced red onion
- In a crock-pot, combine chicken breast with chicken broth, one quarter onion, a clove of garlic, and 2 teaspoons salt. Let cook several hours. Set chicken aside to cool, and discard onion and garlic. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken with your hands. (Make sure chicken is shredded fine!)
- Pour Green enchilada salsa in a medium saucepan, and bring to a low boil.
- Pour oil in a frying pan, and allow to get very hot. (You can use a deep frier too) Slightly fry tortillas one by one in hot oil, setting each on a paper towel afterwards to soak some of the oil. Finally, dip slightly fried tortillas in low-boiling green salsa, until tortillas become soft again. Place on plates, 3 per person.
- Fill or top tortillas with shredded chicken (make sure chicken is hot again before filling tortillas), then extra green sauce. (If you don't like spice... be careful not to add to much sauce For my kids I don't add any extra sauce.) Top with crumbled cheese, thinly sliced onion (red), and chopped cilantro.
- Serve... and wait for complements!!!!